Vented Gas Log Sets
- Napoleon GL24E Vented Gas Log Set, 24-InchAs low as $1,049.00
- Napoleon GL32 Reversible Vented Gas Log Set, 32-InchAs low as $1,219.00
- Napoleon GL18E Vented Gas Log Set, 18-InchAs low as $949.00
- 7 Reviews5 stars(4)4 stars(1)3 stars(1)2 stars(1)1 star(0)As low as $747.00
- Napoleon GL30E Vented Gas Log Set, 30-InchAs low as $1,249.00
- Napoleon GL22 Reversible Vented Gas Log Set, 22-InchAs low as $561.91
- Napoleon GL28 Reversible Vented Gas Log Set, 28-InchAs low as $624.41
- Rasmussen EPR-Kit Evening Prestige Series Complete Fireplace Log SetAs low as $853.00
- Rasmussen ED-Kit Evening Desire Series Complete Fireplace Log SetAs low as $826.00
- Rasmussen EXF-Kit Evening CrossFire Series Complete Fireplace Log SetAs low as $826.00
- Rasmussen EC-Kit Evening Campfire Series Complete Fireplace Log SetAs low as $732.00
- Rasmussen ELS-Kit Evening Lone Star Series Complete Fireplace Log SetAs low as $672.00
- Rasmussen WB-Kit White Birch Series Complete Fireplace Log SetAs low as $710.00
- Rasmussen PC-Kit Pine Cones Series Complete Fireplace SetAs low as $551.00
- Rasmussen PH-Kit TimberFire Complete Fireplace Log SetAs low as $892.00
- Rasmussen ML-Kit Manzanita Series Complete Fireplace Log SetAs low as $529.00
- Rasmussen LS-Kit Lone Star Series Complete Fireplace Log SetAs low as $491.00
- Rasmussen XF-Kit CrossFire Series Complete Fireplace Log SetAs low as $782.00
- Rasmussen BF-Kit Bonfire Series Complete Fireplace Log SetAs low as $672.00
- Rasmussen PR-Kit Prestige Oak Series Complete Fireplace Log SetAs low as $754.00
Vented Gas Logs: An Excellent Upgrade for Your FireplaceIf you're looking to upgrade, renovate or revitalize an existing masonry fireplace, it's hard to do better than a set of vented gas fireplace logs. These high quality, easy to install units allow you to get the most out of an old masonry firebox, elevating any living space. Adding a set of gas vented logs to your home is a popular choice for many homeowners and for good reason. This growing popularity has led to a large number of manufacturers looking to capitalize by adding their own version of vented fireplace logs to the market, which can make it confusing to sift through everything available and find the best option for your needs.
This is why it's a great idea to shop with Fireplaces Direct. We've already done much of the legwork for you by combing through the hearth industry to select the highest quality brands of vented gas logs for fireplaces to ensure that every item in our inventory is one you can count on to provide excellent service for many years to come. In addition, to help guide you through the shopping process, we've collected some useful tips and info about vented logs for gas fireplaces below.
Why Buy a Vented Gas Log SetThe enduring popularity of direct vent gas log sets is due to a number of key factors. While each customer's needs will be specific to their home and preferences, we have noticed a few commonalities among people who choose to purchase a vented log set from Fireplace Direct. The most important reasons a customer may choose one include:
- Versatility - Another selling point for gas logs is the wide array of customization options available to make it yours. Whether you need one that's large or small, simple or packed with features, there's surely a model in our inventory that's perfect for your needs.
- Appearance - The classic look of a stack of flaming logs is tough to beat, but the work and mess of a wood burning fireplace can be daunting. You can get the best of both worlds when you buy a vented log set for your fireplace, elevating the look of your living space. Optional add-ons like ember beds and ambient LED lighting can offer an even greater degree of ambiance.
- Convenience - The biggest benefit of gas fireplace logs is the simplicity and ease of both installation and operation requirements. If you have sufficient fuel supply and a firebox of the correct size, vented log sets are incredibly straightforward to install.
Operation is a snap too, especially compared to the work it takes to build a log flame, gas logs are a snap to use. Vented gas logs with remote controls are especially popular for this reason as well. Being able to start a fire from the comfort of your couch or favorite armchair is tough to beat.
What to Consider When Buying a Vented Gas Log SetWhile we only carry the highest quality products here at Fireplaces Direct, we recognize also that not every product we carry is best suited for each of our individual customers and their needs. When shopping for vented gas logs, it can be intimidating seeing the wide variety of models available. To ensure that you are able to find the specific item that best meets the needs of your space, we recommend evaluating vented log sets on the following criteria:
- Size - Gas log sets of all types are restricted in size by the available space in the existing firebox. Each model of vented gas sets will have specific required clearances for safe operation. Be sure to take accurate measurements of the width, height and depth of your current fireplace opening and cross reference them with the owner's manual of any log set you're considering purchasing.
- Fuel Type - The "gas" in "gas log sets'' can be either propane or natural gas. They can't be used interchangeably, so to ensure safe operation it's vital to purchase a log set designed for the fuel type your home utilizes. We carry a wide array of both vented natural gas logs and vented propane gas logs to ensure there's something for both needs.
We recommend working with a licensed gas plumber to handle any uncertainty about fuel type. Generally, if your home is supplied with fuel by a municipal or energy company service, that will be natural gas. If you have a large tank on your property supplying fuel, that's likely to be propane.
- Price - Because Fireplaces Direct carries products only from the top brands in the industry, our prices do tend to sit at the higher end of the market. That said, gas log sets are one of the more affordable options available and we carry a large variety of products covering different price points.
While it may be tempting to seek out cheaper models, it's important to keep in mind that spending a little more on a high quality product is an investment in long term enjoyment of your home.
- Features - We carry log sets with a variety of available features, so there's sure to be a model that meets your needs. Vented gas logs with blowers provide greater heat distribution, while vented gas log sets with remote controls provide greater convenience and ease of use. Other popular features include: remote and app controlled operation, radiant heat logs, safety pilot kits, decorative stone and embers and especially realistic flame presentation.
- Ventilation - Like the name suggests, vented gas logs require ventilation for safe operation. Each model will have its own specific requirements and specifications, but generally they will use the existing chimney in the firebox, and the flue will need to be held open with a damper clamp. This will allow exhaust gasses to be vented outward to keep your home safe.